Thursday, September 17, 2009

Grandpa's Ponytail

While we were down at Grandpa's visiting, Presley received some very special treatment from grandpa. Grandpa's famous pony tail :) I remember these when I was a little girl. I would sit at the bottom of the stairs, my Dad a few steps up, and I would receive my "PONYTAIL" I remember these for a few reasons, one because they hurt like crazy to get. Dad always had to slick the hair back real good, I'm assuming that's because he didn't want to have to redo it later from it falling out. Two, it was always fun to know that Dad wasn't afraid to tackle the girls hair, I think he actually liked doing it, And three, our eyes hurt like crazy afterwards, we use to laugh saying we had instant "china" eyes.


Presley was eager to climb up to get her hair done, she even retrieved the brush and spray. I thought after a few pulls she would be done, but the little one just sat through the whole process, which can take a few minutes due to the amount of slicking, she was so good, didn't even cry. She even left it in all day, and of course it did not fall out :)




We love grandpa. The pony tails are something I will always remember from my childhood, and now Presley has proof she participated in this fine art as well.


2 comments:

Melissa B. said...

Cute! It looks like the same pony you probably wore at that age.

Megann said...

You can tell he did a lot of ponys in the 80's. She looks so cute.